Symposium “Ideas for the Forum Anja Niedringhaus”
Date: June 24, 2019
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 17:00 p.m.
Place: Forum Jacob Pins
If you are interested, you are welcome to register until 18 June 2019 at:
10:00 a.m. Introduction and welcome
- Cornelia Lange (Architect, Höxter):
Forum Anja Niedringhaus in the noble court – Renovation of the historically valuable building Westerbachstraße 33 at Höxter
- Heike Falkenberg (Interior-Designer, Dusseldorf):
Proposals for museum-architectural interior design as a center for culture and meetings for photography and press freedom
11:00 a.m. Collect ideas
- Roland Nachtigäller (Director of the Museum Marta Herford):
Perspectives for a cultural project on the periphery: How can the founding of a museum facility in UrbanLand succeed?
11:40 a.m. Collect ideas
- Carl Wilhelm Macke (Journalist and board member of the association
“Journalists help journalists e.V.”):
Press freedom as a challenge. How dangerous is the journalistic profession?
12:20 p.m. Collect ideas
- Christoph Luchs (Lecturer Social Media Systems at the Technical University of Central Hesse):
The importance of digital presence for a cultural project.
Suggestions for the use of social media.
12:45 p.m Lunch break
- Michael Ebert (University lecturer at the universities of Hannover and Magdeburg in the degree program photojournalism and documentary photography, photographer and curator, member of the executive board of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Photographie e. V.):
Which pictures have the power of action? News photography from Murray Becker to
14:15 p.m. Collect ideas
- Sophie C. Opitz (Scholarship holder of the program “Museum Curators for Photography” of the Alfried Krupp von Bohlen and Halbach Foundation, Fotomuseum Winterthur, Switzerland):
Memorial mosaics. On the social dynamics of photography in the context of cultural creation and preservation
15:00 p.m. Collect ideas
- Clemens Müller (Scenographer, Dortmund):
Relive the digital aura – museums and their exhibits. Scenography as an interface between art, architecture and design
Joint evaluation: Ideas for the Forum Anja Niedringhaus
(Unique selling point, content orientation, museum didactic implementation, target group oriented programs and offers, cooperation with Forum Jacob Pins, cooperation with schools)
17:00 p.m. The End
Moderation: Stefan Brams, Head of NW Culture Department